Friday, March 28, 2014

Sweet Parrish Place Got a Facelift!

This has  not been a great week for me, with Mr. 6 Year Old having a stomach virus for the past few days, and Miss 17 Year Old's High School Play opening last night, so I just wanted to pop in and welcome you to my new blog design!

In case you missed it, I told you on Wednesday that yesterday my blog would be under construction, so I apologize if things might have looked a little wonky for a few hours, but on my end it seemed quite painless.

And I absolutely love the new look!  What do you think?

I recently started making a little money from my blog (it's peanuts people), but I decided to use it to make an investment back into Sweet Parrish Place.  Before, I had designed everything myself, and it was the best I could possibly do in my very limited knowledge.  I wanted a more professional and streamlined look, so I decided to hire someone.

Have you ever read the blog The Ugly Duckling House?  Well, Sarah is  also a web designer!  The name of her web design business is called Sweet Theory Designs.  Since I am a regular reader of her blog, and I love her sense of humor, and just her blog in general, it was a no brainer that I needed her to design my blog!  So, I contacted her and got the process underway.

I have to say, it was a wonderful experience working with Sarah.  She walked me through the process from beginning to end, she listened to what I had in mind for the look of my blog, and she created exactly what I had pictured in my mind!  Like magic!!

There was some tweaking along the way, and I had her make some changes during the process.  But she took it all in stride, and in the end I am absolutely in love with the result.  Sweet Parrish Place is finally what I envisioned it to be!  It's like I finally got some big girl pants!

I still have some work I would like to do, like making some improvements to some of my different pages, but I decided to try to take that part on myself.  So hopefully I will be making some other changes around here in the near future.  And in case you already noticed, there are not buttons to follow me on different social media, but Sarah is still working on that part and it should be on the blog very soon, in a nice, neat little package.  That is one part of the design that I needed the most.  It is way beyond my skill level to create that.

I want to give Sarah a great big hug for helping me to make my vision come to life.  Sarah, you are a rock star!  I hope one day I will get to meet you so that I can thank you in person.  You were wonderful to work with.

In other news, I have some big projects that I have been working on around here, like Miss 17 Year Old's bathroom.  And do you remember when I revealed my master bathroom plans?  Well, our new counter top is due to be installed on Monday, followed by a new sink, so I will be getting started on that makeover very soon.  So stay tuned, I hope to have some things to share very soon!

I hope you like the new look!  Have a great weekend!