Monday, March 4, 2013

Wear It Challenge


Today I am blogging about what I am wearing!  And I will also show you some recent outfits I have worn, and some of my favorite's that I have pinned..  I have never blogged about my wardrobe before, but I will say that I love clothes!  I definitely have A LOT of clothes and anyone who knows me will attest to that!  I am a bargain shopper, almost never buy anything full price.  I tend to keep things and work them into my wardrobe for a long time.  My girlfriends at work joke that they never see me in the same thing twice.  And they might really think that, but it isn’t true, I just don’t usually wear the same “outfit” twice.  Instead I do a lot of layering, and mixing and matching in my wardrobe, so even though I am wearing something again, I try to wear it in a new and fresh way every time.  If I am feeling uninspired when I am trying to pick out my clothes, I often turn to pinterest for inspiration.  I will find an outfit I have pinned and try to recreate it in my own closet. 
The reason I am focusing on my style today is because I wanted to participate in the Wear It Challenge Linky party! 


link party 2

Every one of these lovely ladies hosting this linky party have a great sense of style!  This challenge is all about not just pinning but wearing it.  So I picked an outfit that was inspired by one I pinned to wear to work today!  Here it is!

Go to for fall: boots, leggings, loose top and a pretty scarf



And here is my version.  The pants are DKNY, the sweater is Cynthia Rowley via Marshall’s.  I have worn this sweater a million times this winter.  The scarf is JCrew outlet, and the boots are Nine West.  Not spring inspired quite yet, it is still freezing here!  And more snow is expected this week, #soreadyforspring. 






IMG_1299



Here are a few more outfits that are getting me in the mood for spring lately that are outfits I would like to  recreate from my own closet. 

This is awesome ... love the colors!
Atlantic-Pacific


ONe thing I definatley want is a skirt like this in a bright and cheerful color, it is on my shopping list for summer!

...





And here are a few more of my own outfits that I have worn recently.  This one I wore to church yesterday.  Long black maxi skirt, grey cowl neck sweater, denim jacket, both from Gap.

photo (5)



This was parent teacher conference outfit I wore to work last week.  I thought it was very appropriate for meeting with parents.  Striped Sweater- Saks Outlet, black underneath sweater-Gap, Trouser jeans-Banan Republic

photo (6)

I wore this outfit on my date night with LC for Valentine’s Day.  We went to a basketball game beforehand and I wore the scarf, but I took it off for dinner with him.  Drapey cardigan- The Limited, scarf- Gap, Brown sequin vest- TJ Maxx, Bright blue jeans- can’t remember.

photo (7)



This was another day at work.  Denim skirt, white blouse- Tommy Hilfiger, Pink cardigan.



Well, now you know a little about my style.  I wear a lot of layers and I mix and match constantly.  Have a great week everyone!