Monday, February 18, 2013

Glass Problem Solved!

 Hey hey hey!  Happy Monday, right?  Not so much since it is 12 degrees here t his morning and I have to get my butt out of bed!  I wanted to show you a small little thing I did in my kitchen today.  We have a big problem around here, with 5 family members.  Too many dirty glasses!  The goal is to use the same glass all day, but that did not seem to be working.  Everyone would get their glasses confused and there were way too many glasses ending up in the dishwasher.  I did not k now what to do about this problem, until one day, through the magic of pinterest, I found a solution!  Here it is:

Each family has a coaster to place their glass for the day!
DSC_0616


Shazam!  I love this idea!  Why didn't I think of it???  Isn't the one from Bee In Our Bonnet adorbs?  Mine is nowhere near as sophisticated as that, but just as effective- small saucers that I purchased for $3 at Target.  That is $3 for the whole set, on clearance.  Here they are.  


DSCN1473

These are perfect for what I need them for.  First of all, they are each different, so I designated a saucer for each family member (not including our 5 year old, his cups are easy to keep separate), second, these are plastic, so they won't get broken.  And I think they are cute!  When we have company, I can just put them away!  So I have them out for every day, and if we entertain, I put them away.  Easy peasy!



DSCN1472


Here is a view of them in the background just to give you an idea of where they are.  The wall back splash behind them looks totally transformed now, can't wait for the big reveal!  And the island got a little tweak yesterday too.  I'll show you soon.  

DSCN1483



I know many of you have this same problem, right?  Well, here is your answer!  You can make something like the one I found on pinterest, or just go the simple and easy route and get some cheap little saucers that will do the trick!


I am linking up here:



http://www.fingerprintsonthefridge.com/




Young House Love





I Heart Organizing


I am linking Up here:

calm
http://www.athoughtfulplaceblog.com/2013/07/top-10-organizational-tips-link-party.html